MY LIFE MAGAZINE - SUMMER 2022
Ryan Meyer shares family recipes perfect for summer.
Spicy Stuffed Burgers
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 medium, fresh jalapeños, finely diced
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 sesame seed buns
Optional toppings: onion, tomato, pickles, lettuce, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise
- Add meat, jalapeños, salt & pepper, and Worcestershire sauce to a large bowl, and mix together.
- Form mixture into eight patties, roughly the same size and shape.
- Take one patty, top with pepper jack cheese, then place another patty on top. Press the edges together to seal in the cheese. Repeat for remaining burgers then wash your hands with soap and hot water.
- Cook burgers on medium-high until desired doneness. About 6 minutes per side for medium-well, to an internal temperature of 150-155 degrees.
- Place on buns and add your toppings. Enjoy!
Not a fan of spicy food? Swap jalapeños for bacon bits & use cheddar cheese. Top with French fried onions.
- 1 ½ Russet potatoes per person, scrubbed & chopped into even pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/8 cup water
- ½ onion, per person, sliced thin
- Pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 18-24 inch piece of aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay foil on table or countertop. Place chopped potatoes, onions, butter and seasonings on top of foil and mix.
- Start to close the sides of the aluminum foil and add water. Finish sealing the foil so it doesn’t leak.
- Put potato boat on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Cook for 1-1.5 hours.
Tip: If cooking on a hot grill, the potatoes may be ready sooner. Check after 45 minutes.